Re: ANSI Macintosh code points.

From: Pete Resnick (presnick@qualcomm.com)
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 12:45:33 EDT

On 8/6/98 at 11:39 PM -0700, Abhishek Kumar Mishra wrote:

>We want to write a translator from UNICODE to ANSI (for both MAC and WIN
>platforms). The ANSI WIN codepoints were available through the book
>Developing International Software for Windows NT/95 but have not managed
>the MAC equivalents.
>Any help on getting the ANSI MACINTOSH code points will be highly
>appreciated.

The table of the Macintosh character set can be found at Apple's developer
site:

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Text/Text-516.html#HEADING516-0>

However, you might want to look into Apple's Text Encoding Conversion Manager:

<http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/TextEncodingCMgr/TECRefBook-2.html>

This is a new facility in MacOS 8 (and available as an extension for
earlier versions of the OS) that is basically a Unicode conversion hub,
converting to and from Unicode and a boatload of other encodings, including
Mac encodings and Windows encodings.

Have fun.

pr

--