Re: ANSI Macintosh code points.

From: Pete Resnick (
Date: Fri Aug 07 1998 - 12:45:33 EDT

On 8/6/98 at 11:39 PM -0700, Abhishek Kumar Mishra wrote:

>We want to write a translator from UNICODE to ANSI (for both MAC and WIN
>platforms). The ANSI WIN codepoints were available through the book
>Developing International Software for Windows NT/95 but have not managed
>the MAC equivalents.
>Any help on getting the ANSI MACINTOSH code points will be highly

The table of the Macintosh character set can be found at Apple's developer

However, you might want to look into Apple's Text Encoding Conversion Manager:

This is a new facility in MacOS 8 (and available as an extension for
earlier versions of the OS) that is basically a Unicode conversion hub,
converting to and from Unicode and a boatload of other encodings, including
Mac encodings and Windows encodings.

Have fun.

Pete Resnick <>
QUALCOMM Incorporated