Chinese websites

From: Limin Zhang (limin@sylvia.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 13 1998 - 17:59:48 EDT

Hi,

I have a question about websites in Chinese. When I use Netscape
Communicator 4.05 to browse the web, I visited some websites which are in
simplified Chinese or in traditional Chinese. The strange
thing is, some websites which are in traditional Chinese or simplified
would not display correctly if I didn't set the encoding to the proper
language. But some websites do display correctly even if I set encoding
to other languages. Why? What makes the difference between these
webpages? Thank you

Limin