Re: A query

From: Ken Lunde (lunde@adobe.com)
Date: Fri Aug 14 1998 - 10:37:45 EDT

Anupam,

My CJKVConv.pl tool (cross-locale CJKV code converter written in Perl)
can do this, at least for Shift-JIS and EUC-JP encodings. (I haven't
added support for ISO-2022-style encodings yet, so JIS encoding is not
yet supported.) You can also convert to and from UTF-16 (without
surrogates), and loads of CJKV encodings (like EUC-JP and Shift-JIS).

It is at the following URL:

  ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/pub/examples/nutshell/ujip/perl/cjkvconv.pl

(It is almost 1MB because all the conversion tables are as data after
the program itself -- the program itself is only about 15K.)

Hope this helps...

-- Ken