Re: Glyphs of new Unicode 3.0 symbols

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 06:54:12 EST

Ar 18:12 -0800 1998-11-22, scríobh Roman Czyborra:
>> Where can I find a list of glyphs for the new Unicode 3.0 symbols
>> that are currently under ballot?
>
>Me too, please! I also would like to see them. A few of the new
>characters are in the http://czyborra.com/unifont/ already. More of
>them are cordially invited.

You can get copies of the ballots from your National Standards authority.

>3. Add an "ASCII transliteration" mapping to each Unicode character
> so that it can be rendered readable in ASCII contexts

This is way out of scope for the Unicode Consortium. They have more
pressing things to do. However, some work on such Fallback is going on in
CEN.

>I still miss the LATIN CAPITAL LETTER J WITH CARON from ISO 9, LATIN
>SMALL LETTER DOTLESS J from TeX, and LATIN SMALL AND CAPITAL LETTER G
>WITH TILDE ABOVE for Guarani (gn).

Then it is your responsiblity to fill out the proposal summary form, make a
proposal sith examples, and submit it to WG2 or the UTC.

Best regards,

--
Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta ** http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)