Re: News of AFII: international standard registry of glyp...

From: Deborah Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Fri Dec 25 1998 - 17:35:28 EST

Werner LEMBERG (a7971428@unet.univie.ac.at) wrote:

> >Most likely, Unicode level 2 isn't implemented yet...
>
> I'm sorry, you lost me here. What do you mean by Unicode level 2?
>
>Am I probably incorrect?
>
>IR 174 (Escape sequence <ESC> % / C) is described as UCS-2 level 2 --
>combining characters are omitted.

As I mentioned in another message, ATSUI can handle almost all of Unicode
except for a few minor features. In particular, it handles combining
characters, bidirectional, Indic rearrangement, Korean jamos, and so on.
It can even handle surrogates. The only requirement is that you have the
correct information in the font to describe the character to glyph
mapping.

Deborah Goldsmith
Architect, International & Text Group
Apple Computer, Inc.