RE: Conversion term: triangulation

Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 02:44:30 EST


Myself and my colleagues have always used the term "Triangulation" - seems to
reasonable choice and also ties in with our new Euro terminology aswell.


-----Original Message-----
From: "John O'Conner"<>
Sent: 05 January 1999 13:45
To: Unicode List <>
Subject: Conversion term: triangulation

I have been using the term "triangulation" to describe the conversion
process from one charset to another when Unicode is used as an intermediate
character set. In other words, my usage of "triangulation" describes the
conversion from CHARSET A -> Unicode -> CHARSET B.

Is there an industry standard term that I should adopt for clarity and
consistency? I thought "triangulation" sounded appropriate since it seems
to describe a similar conversion process used in European countries that
have adopted the Euro currency.

John O'Conner

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.2 : Tue Jul 10 2001 - 17:20:43 EDT