Re: CCCII and CNS questions

From: timd_huang (timd_huang@mail.formac.com.tw)
Date: Wed Jan 13 1999 - 22:40:05 EST

Hello, Werner,

As far as I know, the CCCII is normative according to the Ministry of
Education (of Taiwan) at that time (before 1989). At that time, CNS was
not. Prof. JKT Huang and Hsieh can tell you more.

So, here I have a question: "Normative" according to who's standard?
Should the grass radical have four strokes or three? Should flesh and
moon radicals be the same? ... and there are tons of even minor issues.
And furthermore, even with a given government agency, such as the
Ministry of Education who published the "Standard", who will use? Take
the Ministry of Education as a (bad) example, they published the Sone
and Kai standard in 1993. However, if you go to their office and look at
the Sign (Name plate) of the Ministry of Education (3 Chinese
characters), there are two mistakes, not following their own standard. I
have picture to show to everybody.

Smiles,
Tim