Re: asking for help

From: Herman Ranes (herman@iet.hist.no)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 05:03:27 EST

Of course you are right. Thank you very much for your comment.

Unfortunately, I have not found out how to configure our Apache
HTTP-server (I have a mix of UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 HTML documents in my
directories), so now I have to correct all my files manually -- the
syntax error is present in most of them :-(

Both IE an NS browsers seem to interpret these META tags
"pragmatically"; my documents are in fact presented as desired. Perhaps
those applications should be made more "dainty" in future versions?

Erik van der Poel skreiv:

> A recent message to this mailing list included a snippet of HTML using a
> bad syntax. The following is correct:

> Erik

Helsing

--
Herman Ranes                  Høgskolen i Sør-Trøndelag
                              Avdeling for teknologi