Re: UTF-8: Michael takes the plunge

From: schererm@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue Apr 06 1999 - 13:56:23 EDT

>When I was desperate for a Unicode text editor a few years ago, I wrote a
>little Java application that used TextArea to put up an editing window. It
>will read and write UTF-16 files. I'd be happy to send it to you if you
>like.

Well, I'd be happy to look at it... Is UTF-16 OK for HTML documents,
though?

-->it is easy to make a java program use utf-8, or something else that the
jvm knows about. i could help if necessary.

> (ATSUI)

-->Gesundheit! ;-)

ms word97 uses unicode on windows. it may be worth checking what the mac
version does.

markus