From: Mark Leisher (
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 17:09:15 EDT

    Erik> How about a font property that contains the glyph ranges? I have not
    Erik> seen any specs for such a property, but I have seen a system that
    Erik> returned a property with a name that sounded like this. Maybe it was
    Erik> CHARACTER_SET_RANGES or something? I can try to find this again if
    Erik> needed...

Glyph ranges in XLFD names are specified as integers like "160_190 65" (the
glyphs encoded between 160 and 190 inclusive and the glyph at 65).

One Perl script to add this field, coming up soon.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab Life is like Sanskrit read to a pony.
New Mexico State University -- Lou Reed
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL
Las Cruces, NM 88003