Re: Unicode Standard & ISO-10646

From: Daniel Michael McQuillen (gt7592b@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 15:09:11 EDT

I, too, had questions similar to Mr. Bermell-Benet, as I am a grad
student currently researching multi-lingual encoding. Thanks to Mr.
Whistler and others for helping the less knowledgeable of us
understand the relationship between the two entities.

However, I'm still a little confused as to _why_ there are two different
entities promoting the same standard, and why these groups use two
different names. What are the benefits of segmenting what appears to be
the same idea into two smaller organizations/groups/efforts even if they
are syncronized?

Thanks for your help. Wonderful list to be on.

Daniel McQuillen

Daniel Michael McQuillen
Email: gt7592b@prism.gatech.edu
A monk asked Chao-chou, "Has the dog Buddha nature or not?"
Chao-chou said, "Mu."
Monk's response (lost to history), "uhm...what?"