Decimal Point

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Sat May 29 1999 - 16:14:48 EDT

Is there a Unicode character to represent a decimal point?

In some English fonts (e.g., the one used to print the "New Scientist"),
decimal points are centered and not located on the base line like FULL
STOP. So full stop and the decimal point should probably not be unified
for fine typography (even though they were in ASCII, just like
HYPHEN-MINUS), but I can't find a decimal point character in Unicode
2.1.

I am aware that there will be U+2396 DECIMAL SEPARATOR KEY SYMBOL in
Unicode 3.0 (probably from ISO 9995), but I don't think this is quite
the same.

Markus