Re: Internationalization--Phone Number Writing Conventions

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 13:17:31 EDT

Hohberger, Clive P. wrote:
> Also: Keep in mind that "http://" is also an escape sequence. My web
> address is
> not "http://www.zebra.com" it is "www.zebra.com" People in the US
> are also finally
> beginning to realize that and starting to write their Web addresses
> correctly.
>
> Clive Hohberger
> Zebra Technologies
> Chicago

On the contrary, I hope that people will not do as would seem to be
suggested above, but rather continue giving their addresses in full,
including that initial escape sequence, as this (at least for now) is
the only guarantee I know that an address will become a highlighted,
immediately clickable link from inside a mail message.
mg