Re: Internationalization--Phone Number Writing Conventions

From: Michael Everson (
Date: Mon May 31 1999 - 14:38:24 EDT

Ar 10:10 -0700 1999-05-31, scríobh Marion Gunn:
>Hohberger, Clive P. wrote:
>> Also: Keep in mind that "http://" is also an escape sequence. My web
>> address is not "" it is "" People in
>> the US are also finally beginning to realize that and starting to
>> write their Web addresses correctly.
>On the contrary, I hope that people will not do as would seem to be
>suggested above, but rather continue giving their addresses in full,
>including that initial escape sequence, as this (at least for now) is
>the only guarantee I know that an address will become a highlighted,
>immediately clickable link from inside a mail message.

Yes, but I think Clive means when printing them on business cards or something.

Michael Everson, Everson Gunn Teoranta **
Guthán: +353 1 478-2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478-2597 (by arrangement)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn;  Baile an Bhóthair;  Co. Átha Cliath; Éire