Re: Some thoughts on character decomposition

From: Jonathan Coxhead (jonathan@doves.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 07 1999 - 17:52:36 EDT

   So, judging from the complete lack of any interest in these ideas
(apart from some tangential discussion about U R L's), I take it that
no-one has any enthusiasm for them. What a shame. I think they'd make
Unicode smaller and more elegant, as well as providing a more
extensible base for developers and users. (The decomposition of DINGBAT
NEGATIVE CIRCLED SANS-SERIF NUMBER TEN---currently just a glyph with no
relation to any other part of the repertoire, as START GROUP, DIGIT
ONE, DIGIT ZERO, POP DIRECTIONAL FORMATTING, PRESENTATION SUGGESTION
SANS-SERIF, COMBINING ENCLOSING CIRCLE, PRESENTATION SUGGESTION
NEGATIVE, was something I found particularly striking.)

   Oh well, just forget I ever mentioned it :-)

        /|
 o o o (_|/
        /|
       (_/