Re: POSIX locales and Roman Numerals

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Sun Jun 27 1999 - 15:19:31 EDT

Scott Horne scripsit:

> > I think US bashing is getting a bit tiresome.
>
> We are just calling a spade a spade. Until the US starts showing more
> respect for conventions not its own, what you term "US bashing" will
> be necessary.

1) I think there is no doubt that your substantive points are correct,
both with regard to the irrationality of U.S. conventions and with
regard to the tendency of U.S. designers to ignore i18n.

2) With respect, I submit that preaching on *this* list is most
emphatically preaching to the converted.

       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin