Re: Superscript asterisk

From: Michael Everson (everson@indigo.ie)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 07:34:11 EDT

Ar 16:44 -0700 1999-07-01, scríobh Asmus Freytag:

>>And then superscript and subscript versions of all these (and
>>presumably supersuperscript, supersubscript, subsuperscript and
>>subsubscript as well)? (Including combining marks?)
>
>Again, no. Superscript is something that is a style issue in math.

But it's not so in phonetics.

>Now for text, this is a terrible way to do things, since here operations
>such as case transformations and sorting are common and A and ALPHA
>capitalize and sort differently. And usually they are not intermixed in the
>same word.

Which is why we need CYRILLIC LETTER KU (Qq) and CYRILLIC LETTER WE (Ww)
for Kurdish.

--
Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta * http://www.indigo.ie/egt
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)