vectors

From: Akerbeltz Alba (akerbeltz.alba@virgin.net)
Date: Sat Jul 03 1999 - 10:19:58 EDT

Fraktur might be included, but the written forms/Sütterlin aren't just glyph
variants. I have attached a jpg of the Sütterlin forms (most people seem to
be familiar with fraktur, so I didn't include that)
I had maths only up to a-level level, but I have never come across a vector
written in bold, only either the German letters or with the arrow.
As to which kind of Fraktur will be included ... I can distinctly remember
both the printed and Sütterlin forms being used in different contexts but in
the same text; I don't remember what it stands for, but I remember a capital
"printed" fraktur P being used for one thing or other.

As to what Markus Kuhn wrote:
Yes, there ARE regulations as to which form of writing may or may not be
used. One may use Sütterlin for ones signature, but only if you always do
so, you are not allowed to "switch". As to other contexts, theoretically I
would have been entitled to handing in my essays in Sütterlin in school.
While it is true that the overall majority uses the latin alphabet, there is
a minority of people, including "under 40 year olds", I know several myself.
It greatly depends upon the teachers you had in school whether this form of
writing is taught or not, some teachers do teach it, some don't - unless you
learn it from your parents/grandparents.

Generally speaking I do not see how the inclusion of the german penny symbol
can be justified if Sütterlin is denied ... I am not one of those who uses
Sütterlin every day, but I am far more familiar with Sütterlin than with the
penny symbol which has all but disappeared, save the odd market stall.

Michael

Eztogu erdarazko itzik aotan erabili bear,
   esan nai doguna euskarazko itzakaz esan daikegunean

We do not have to use foreign words in our mouths
  when that which we wish to say may be expressed with Basque words

suet.jpg

suetcaps.jpg