Re: dotless j

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 02:09:20 EDT

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn?= Brox scripsit:

> If you look on the road map for unicode they have spent a lot of time
> filling up for example the Private Use Area with non-exsisting bullshit
> like Klingon etc., instead if making room for characters that is needed
> to typeset languages that exist today.
> http://www.indigo.ie/egt/standards/csur/conscript-table.html

What you are looking at is the ConScript Unicode Registry, which has
nothing to do with the Unicode Consortium and has no official
standing anywhere. Private use means just that, private.
Some people have agreements to use it in certain ways, including
people who like to make up their own scripts.

       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin