Re: dotless j

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Tue Jul 06 1999 - 05:16:03 EDT

Christopher J. Fynn wrote:
> If this sort of thing is going to occur (and I think it is more or > won't it cause less problems to assign this entity an official encoding despite
> it's dubious claims to this status?
> - Chris

I agree (otherwise, we might end up with the bad situation of the past,
where only SIL and similarly invasive publishers prevailed).
Marion Gunn

ps.
I attach 2 current examples typical of SIL's unchanging attitude: msgs
containing their "advice to natives wanting more than dingbats", which
is “go find your own font designers/programmers”.:-(
mg