Re: U+01AB LATIN SMALL LETTER T WITH PALATAL HOOK

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Wed Jul 07 1999 - 22:38:54 EDT

Kenneth Whistler scripsit:

> What you are seeing is the explicit drawing of the line.

Well, then, I am serving a useful function. Once I was
the newbie-with-proposals (as Jonathan is now); then I
sat at the feet of Gamaliel; eventually I wound up making
contributions to the FAQ. So now I can ask these "Why don't you?"
questions and elicit valuable historical data which currently
exists only in the minds of tribal elders, and in piles of
unsearchable paper documents filed in mysterious locations
in deepest Ruritania.

> To paraphrase Jimmy Breslin, there are 49,194 characters in the
> standard, and every one has a story. You've just heard the story
> of U+01AB.

And that's the way it was....

       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin