Re: Naming font styles for Chinese ideographs

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Jul 16 1999 - 09:31:31 EDT

John Cowan wrote:

>Indeed, the use of traditional characters is not unknown in CN;
some editions of the _Thoughts of Chairman Mao__ were published in
it. Therefore, neither language nor locale is sufficient.

Can you please explain for me the last sentence - I'm still trying to wrap my
brain around locales. Would it not be possible to define Chinese (some
particular dialect) x PRC x traditional and Chinese x PRC x simplified as
locales?

Peter