Letter: a normative or informative property in Unicode 3.0?

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Thu Aug 05 1999 - 16:35:59 EDT

It seems that being an uppercase, lowercase, or titlecase letter is
a normative property, but being a letter (Lu | Ll | Lt | Lm | Lo) is
merely informative, because Lm and Lo are merely informative.

Can this be right? I have no access to the Unicode 3.0 draft document,
so I'm basing this on ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/3.0-Update/UnicodeData-3.0.0.beta.html

       I am a member of a civilization. --David Brin