Re: Hindi

From: Jeroen Hellingman (
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 17:07:43 EDT

Not to my knowledge, you may find some helpful information though in the ISI
for Devanagari script for use in schoolbooks (I cannot remember the exact
reference of
this standard, but I've seen it) The ISCII standard isn't much helpfull in
this respect, the
C-Dac implementations give some information, and even claim a standard
(ISFOC), about which
they are, however, a bit secretive, and these ignore a large number of
ligatures, because
they had only a limited number of glyphs they could get in a windows font,
it should be remembered that the number of ligatures differ very much from
publisher/font/writer, etc to another, and I don't believe a real standard
does excist.

Jeroen Hellingman