Re: Futhorc

From: Patrick Andries (pandries@iti.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Aug 18 1999 - 13:31:55 EDT

Although, I did not participate in the design of this table, I may hazard a
guess.

There are, I believe, the different variants of the same runes : Gothic,
Anglo-frisian and Norse variants, plus some punctuation marks at the end. So
one finds, for instance, RUNIC LETTER HAGLAZ H, RUNIC HAEGL H, both
represent an « H » but in different tradition and slightly differently
shaped. When runes are identical in all three traditions their names
indicates it, e.g. : RUNIC LETTER FEHU FEOH FE F.

P. Andries