Re: Camion Code, new phonemic writing system

From: JoAnne Marie (
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 18:23:16 EDT

Dear Markus
Your eloquent explanation about the 'abridged' adult treatment of
'spelling' is one of the very reasons why I think only a *non-alfabetik*
alternative could ever have more than a snail's pace effect on 'reform'. I
believe you're right, people who already know how to spell can barely
tolerate any tampering with the familiar. So I say, let's (effectively)
throw out the entire alfabet altogether and start with something new - for
the sake of speed (on hand-held communications devices) and primary
literacy for the generations to follow - they can always learn 'the old
way' later, after they mastered (so readily because its so simple and
'physical) the 'new one' (Camion Code).

JoAnne Marie,
CV, Phonetics and Poetry on: