Re: New phonemic writing system and IPA usage

From: JoAnne Marie (jmarie@filnet.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 20:19:00 EDT

Markus K wrote:
>If one wants to really establish a new script for English, the most
>... if only I could find a freely available
>online dictionary that contains an acceptable standard IPA orthography
>for these language. Perhaps someone even has already written such a
>program. Any recommendations?

I agree! That's the next step (in my opinion) for the Camion Code - to
'key' it to such a dictionary (via IPA...) so that it can be
transliterated, if one so desires. That's why I need (first) to 'binary
code' it (see paragraph 5 of my initial posting). That way, on small
devices the 'speed input' of CC could be held in the memory for later
dumping into a larger (desk-top or lap-top) computer for possible
transliteration (for those who can't read CC...). Remember trying to take
notes while listening to a lecturer? Always 'miles behind' because of
trying to form letters and spell!

JoAnne Marie, jmarie@filnet.fr
CV, Phonetics and Poetry on:
http://www.filnet.fr/perso/jmarie