WWW9 CALL FOR I18N PARTICIPATION

From: Tex Texin (texin@progress.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 1999 - 20:00:16 EDT

The call for participation in the Ninth International World Wide Web
Conference is available at this URL:

http://www.www9.org/w9-calls.html

The W3C I18n Working group would like to encourage members of the
internationalization community to consider submitting papers or
otherwise participating in the conference.

At this past year's conference, there were many opportunities for
discussion of internationalization and localization issues, that were
missed, because presenters were unfamiliar with the subject area.
In some unfortunate cases, presenters provided incorrect information
about internationalization as it relates to the Web.

To insure that the internet in fact lives up to its name as a World-Wide
Web, the W3C I18n working group believes we need to insure that
internationalization is properly represented at these conferences, by
knowledgable experts. The conference attendees will be building the
web applications of the future and we need to do a better job of
explaining the requirements and the techniques of I18n, and promoting
awareness of I18n in general, so that these applications
work well around the world.

To accomplish this, we ask you to consider the call for participation at
the above URL. By offering papers relating to I18n, and by our presence
at the conference we can promote internationalization, and its correct
implementation.

On behalf of the W3C I18n working group,

Tex Texin

Progress is a proud sponsor of the 15th International Unicode Conference
Aug. 30 - Sept 2 San Jose, California
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/iuc15
Tex Texin Director, International Products

Progress Software Corp. Voice: +1-781-280-4271
14 Oak Park Fax: +1-781-280-4949
Bedford, MA 01730 USA texin@bedford.progress.com

http://www.progress.com http://apptivity.progress.com