FW: Unicode in Embedded hardware

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 13:38:10 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: thn@elc.beijer.se [mailto:thn@elc.beijer.se]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 11:58 PM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Unicode in Embedded hardware

Dear Sirs,

We are a Swedish company that develops and manufactures operator terminals
for industrial automation. To be able to approach the Asian markets, we must
support more character sets. We use microcontrollers with dedicated RTOS,
and our software is written in C. Our questions to you are:

- Do you know any companies that sells library functions for f.ex Unicode
string handling instead of standard 1-byte character string handling ?

- Where can we find bitmap fonts for Unicode character set that can be used
in embedded environment ? Today, we use 16*16-pixel bitmaps for each
character.

Thank you in advance,

Tommy Håkansson

Beijer Electronics AB
Box 325
201 23 Malmoe
Sweden

 G&L Beijer Electronics AB Phone: +4640-358600
 Box 325 Fax: +4640-358601
 201 23 MALMO Sweden WWW: www.beijer.se