RE: Help: keyboard mapping to use unicode.

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 19:19:16 EDT

With MS Word 2000, you can assign a hot key to any character that the
InsertSymbol dialog can display. Have you tried this approach?

Another idea is to choose the FileOpen dialog, type in the hex code for the
character you want in the filename box, type Alt+x to convert it to the
corresponding Unicode character, copy it to the clipboard, and close the
FileOpen dialog. (Roundabout way of getting an arbitrary Unicode character
on the clipboard, but it works at least!).

Then choose the ToolsAutoCorrect dialog and type into the Replace: box some
name that identifies the character and paste the desired character(s) into
the With: box. E.g., put \beta into the Replace box and ? into the With:
box and everytime you type \beta followed by a nonalphanumeric, you get a
beta. You can enter all of the math TeX symbols this way, for you TeXies
out there.

Murray