RE: A basic question on encoding Latin characters

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 20:13:33 EDT

(The following may well have been mentioned earlier; I haven't followed the
shouldn't be a problem. With deadkeys, nothing is displayed on the terminal
until the base character is typed and nothing is sent to the pattern-match
code. When the base character is typed, the corresponding fully composed or
partially composed character sequence is sent to the terminal and to the
pattern-match code. Deadkey input methods are usually part of the
underlying OS, but apps can also implement them fairly easily.

Murray