Re: Schutz-Staffel symbol

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 15:51:40 EDT

> There are other logos in the standard: the JIS logo, for example

Ah. One of the most horrible examples of a dingbat from a legacy character
set that couldn't be gotten around and which now comes back to haunt
everyone.

> And what about the names of Japanese eras?

BTW, the Japanese era names aren't controlled by, or strictly related to,
the emperor anymore; they're controlled (I believe) by parliament. And
presumably all future such eras will *not* be encoded in the Unicode
standard.

        Rick