Re: Burma/Myanmar

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 16:17:56 EDT

Glen Perkins asked...

> Is there a provision for changing the character names if the appropriate
> international body someday changes the country name?

Not that I know of.

> If not, are there any options that would spare the Burmese people this
> permanent indignity?

If it's an indignity, I don't know, because I can't answer your first
question but... neglecting to encode the script might spare it any possible
indignity, except the indignity of being neglected. Too bad the script has
already been encoded.

I suppose we shall cross this bridge if we ever come to it...

        Rick