Re: Latin-ext-B and IPA fonts for Win32

From: Glen Perkins (
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 22:59:02 EDT

Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone know if Win98 comes with Lucida Sans
Unicode (I know WinNT does)? The only two Win98 machines I have easy access
to both have it installed, but they've also been upgraded to handle Asian
and "Pan-European" scripts, and it's possible that Lucida Sans Unicode
slipped in during one of those upgrades.

I wish I could find out which Unicode ranges are covered by which (standard)
versions of Win32, and how much is added by the Pan-European language pack
(and any other language pack for that matter). That info doesn't seem easy
to come by without repeatedly reformatting a hard drive, installing a new
OS, digging through the fonts with some utility, reformatting the hard
drive, ....then downloading IE, installing a language pack, carefully
determining which fonts are new, digging thru them, then installing another
language pack....

Glen Perkins