Ethiopian glyphs

From: Birger Langkjer (
Date: Tue Oct 12 1999 - 06:18:47 EDT

I've been looking at the Admas ethiopic bdf-font
and I noticed that there are some glyphs that have been
removed from the latest Unicode 3.0 proposal and replaced by canadian
and arab in the ranges 1380-13BC and FDF0-FDFF. This is rather
confusing. Have these ethiopian glyphs been removed from unicode or will
they be relocated to a different location? Does anyone know the story
behind this?

I can see that they are also missing from the GF Zemen Unicode TrueType
font, which I suspect to be a newer font than Admas.

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Birger Langkjer