Re: RE: Enochian

From: Michael Everson (
Date: Thu Oct 21 1999 - 15:55:22 EDT

Ar 10:56 -0700 1999-10-21, scríobh Rick McGowan:
>> (I would argue that the LOTR is one of the best books written in the
>> English language in the 20th century.)
>It might be second only to Finnegan's Wake.

_That_ book isn't even written in English. Not in comprehensible English
anyway. I'm pretty darn polyglot, and I even read the first ten pages of
the book out loud, before flinging it across the room with the cry "There
are no words in this book!"

Doesn't hold a candle to Tolkien, either in quality, depth, popularity, or

(Of course it's all a matter of taste.)

But Tolkien created neato alphabets which are candidates for encoding in
the UCS.

Michael Everson * Everson Gunn Teoranta *
Guthán: +353 1 478 2597 ** Facsa: +353 1 478 2597 (by arrangement)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn;  Baile an Bhóthair;  Co. Átha Cliath; Éire