Re: Internet Explorer 5, Unicode Fonts, and Fontographer

From: Mark Leisher (
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 08:36:10 EST

    Roozbeh> Of course, this is not a single character, but two. Persians
    Roozbeh> consider it a HEH plus a SMALL YEH ABOVE (a not-yet-in-Unicode
    Roozbeh> non-spacing mark).

Actually, Unicode 3.0 has both the spacing and non-spacing form of SMALL YEH.
It is the U+06E6 (SMALL YEH) and U+06E7 (SMALL HIGH YEH). The reason for my
question was that the shape used for an early printing of the 3.0 book uses
the YEH BARREE shape for this letter.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab I have never made but one prayer to God,
New Mexico State University a very short one:
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL "Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous."
Las Cruces, NM 88003 And God granted it. -- Voltaire, letter