Re: Pashto HEH with Hamza Above

From: N.R.Liwal (liwal@liwal.net)
Date: Wed Nov 03 1999 - 23:57:15 EST

Thank for offering help, the HEH with Hamza Above
had no use in Pashto very comonly, although it was
used long ago. But this was officialy included in Pashto
in 1990 , where a Conference was called by Pashtoon
Scholars of Afghanistan and Pakistan to standardize
Pashto in both countries, which was very sccessfull
and after that time Pashto is written in both countries
the same way.

The HEH with Hamza Above was addopted at
that conference, the reason they explain is that
there were Similar Pashto Words with HEH at
End and they put Hamza on it to be not confused.

And it is called ZOORKI.

Liwal