FW: Mapping Unicode to SGML

From: Magda Danish (Unicode) (v-magdad@microsoft.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 11:57:47 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: aziegelmayer.trier@t-online.de
[mailto:aziegelmayer.trier@t-online.de]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 3:06 AM
To: info@unicode.org
Subject: Mapping Unicode to SGML

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I'm on the way of developping an automatically book-production. By the
time, my product is still only able to work with clear SGML and not
unicode, but we only get data in UTF-8 or UTF-16. So a conversion must
be done. My question according to that:
Does there exist any mapping lists, where all unicode characters (utf-8
and/or utf-16) are mapped to the depending SGML-entity? I looked on your
homepage, the chart-list would help to find the SGML-entity, but it'll
be hard work (because any chart must be mapped by hand). So, if there
exists an ASCII-file or a kind of database, where this mapping is done,
could you tell me, where I can find it?

Thanks for your help,

A. Ziegelmayer.