RE: [nelocsig] Re: Generic Unicode font handling

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Thu Nov 18 1999 - 05:51:18 EST

Unbelievable: I can read it!

However, when someone else quoted the same text in their mails, I could not
read it anymore (each accented and Cyrillic letter became 2-byte garbage).

The funny thing is that although my mail client seems able to *read* UTF-8,
when I tried myself to *send* UTF-8 content on this list it arrived
corrupted (0x80-0x9F bytes where converted to something else).

I wander whether, when this mails will come back to me through the list, I
will still be able to read the UTF-8 text quoted below.

- Marco