Malayalam and unicode

From: RajKumar (raj2569@flashmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 23:30:05 EST

hi all

I am a newbie to the list and just wondering if anyone out there had done
some work in malayalam.

one of the problems that i have come across is that in malayalam when two
consonents for eg when 2 0d15 chars combine we get a new glyph to
represent the compound char.

now my question is how can the new combined glyph is represented in
unicode, we cannot simply replace every 2 occurence of the 0d15 char with
the new glyph since they can exist as two independent chars also. can the
information that the two chars combiened togeter forms a new glyph can be
represented some how?

raj