RE: PinYin

From: Chris Pratley (chrispr@microsoft.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 21:58:27 EST

The latest Microsoft core fonts for Windows (e.g. Arial, Times New Roman v.
2.76) available at http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm
include the full set of pinyin glyphs. Note that you are not free to
distribute these, but you can point users to the above site for the free
download.

Also, you might want to consider using actual Chinese text rather than
bitmaps for the Chinese characters on your site, since there are now so many
free Chinese fonts available (e.g. at the Internet Explorer web site). It
would make your site run much faster. You could offer both versions of your
site and let users who have Chinese support use the fast one.

Cheers,

Chris Pratley
Lead Program Manager
Microsoft Office