RE: Official ISO 3166 country codes online

From: Alain LaBonté  (alb@sct.gouv.qc.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 08:03:46 EST

À 11:33 99-12-01 +0000, Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com a écrit :
>He thought about it and, 2 days later, come up with his own solution, that
>surprised me for its semplicity and geniality:
>
> http://www.anarca-bolo.ch/a-rivista/img/english.gif
>
>He simply used the word "ENGLISH" as a symbol for the English language!
>
>And indeed, if one can read a language (s)he can certainly read the name of
>that languages expressed in the same language.
>
>(There is still one problem, that I got to tell to my friend: blind English
>speakers cannot read text in icons!)

[Alain] Well, blind speakers generally have devices to read for them, so
why not then use characters rather than (or why not, in addition to)
pictures?

   The idea of using the name of the language in this language is simple,
and excellent indeed. I opt for pictures and universal characters in addition.

Alain LaBonté
Québec