RE: Official ISO 3166 country codes online

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 13:45:38 EST

Ar 15:00 -0000 1999-12-01, scríobh Doug Ewell:
>The best symbol I have seen is the one displayed in the Microsoft Windows
>toolbar when you install multilingual support and want to switch between
>keyboards. Just a square with the two-letter abbreviations "En", "Fr",
>"It", and so forth. Even if Latin is not your native script, you can
>learn and identify *two letters*. Simple, inoffensive, and best of all,
>fits easily in a 16x16 icon.
>
>-Doug Ewell
> Fullerton, California

I agree with Doug Ewell's suggestion, especially as monitors can vary in
quality so much as not show distinctions between colours of
similarly-designed flags. mg

--
Marion Gunn * Everson Gunn Teoranta
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn; Baile an Bhóthair; Áth Cliath; Éire (Ireland)