Re: Flags and Language icons (was: Re: Official ISO 3166

From: Franko Luin (franko@omnibus.se)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 02:06:01 EST

John Hudson skribis:

> I quite like the 'little portraits of famous poets' idea, but who is the
> most renowned Esperanto poet? And would you recognise his picture?

The most adequate and recognizable portrait would be that of L L Zamenhof,
the creator of Esperanto. He has contributed some poems to the Esperanto
literature. Otherwise the most famous poet is William Auld, candidate for
the Nobel prize in literature last year.

The 'little portraits of famous poets' idea has a negative side: most likely
those portrait would be of men, woman poets not getting the same
recognition.

Franko Luin

www.omnibus.se