Re: Unicode in RichEdit 2

From: Doug Schiffer (laotzu@dreamscape.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 16:56:43 EST

Paul Dempsey (Exchange) wrote:

> As you discovered, my sample requires richedit 3. I haven't programmed
> for richedit in the past and I didn't realize that I was using new
> features. My aplogies. The new richedit.h for richedit version 3 is in
> the Windows 2000 SDK. I'm working on another version of this program
> that works with richedit 2 and the headers included with the current
> VC 6.0. I'll post it when I'm sure it's working right. Please stay
> tuned.

Please do. I tried developing a VB 6.0 version based on the VC code,
and I found I was missing the following constants:

' const ST_SELECTION as Long = &h????

' message constant for setting extended Text attributes
' const EM_SETTEXTEX as Long = &h????

If I had the constants I could make the calls via SendMessage using the
provided wHnd for the RichTextBox. Or wouldn't that work with RichEdit
version 2.0???