RE: EA width, Latin punctuation and fonts

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 14:13:40 EST

Thank you: as it often happens to me, I write faster than I read. Your
previous mail already explained all.

This situation of an Unicode-specific term, "compatibility", having such
distant meanings is very infortunate. Some alternative specific term for the
two cases should perhaps be proposed (like "roundtrip compatibility" for
sense 1, and "decomposable compatibility" for sense 2) -- although,
probably, no new term would succeed in defeating the current polysemic term.

_Marco