RE: Where to Add new Currency Sign?

From: Reynolds, Gregg (greynolds@datalogics.com)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 15:24:21 EST

Sorry, I forgot this was an international list. The reason for the recent
loss of a space ship to Mars or Venus or somewhere like that is that the
engineers didn't properly communicate units of measure for a crucial
magnitude. I forget the details, but basically the receiving team thought
the spec was in meters and the sending team meant feet, something like that.
Painful, but true. Or at least reported that way in the US press. So I was
making a cruel joke.

-gregg