Re: Latin ligatures and Unicode

From: mark.davis@us.ibm.com
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 12:39:47 EST

I didn't mean EON as a real tag, but as an abbreviation for ligatures being
explicitly turned on. If you were doing it in HTML (and if CCS had the XSL
styles), I guess you would write the two alternatives as:

Wach<span style="ligature:true">st</span>ube (pronounced roughly
/vock-shtooba/)

Wach<span style="ligature:false">st</span>ube (pronounced roughly
/vox-tooba/)

   For a description of span, see
   http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.5.4

   For current text decoration styles in CCS2, see:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/text.html#q3

   For XSL ligature styles, see:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/WD-xsl-19981216.html#ligature

Mark