General Category for CJK ranges?

From: John D. Burger (john@mitre.org)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 14:46:26 EST

Hello -

I am a computational linguist currently working with some Chinese text.
Is there anything in the Unicode Database that indicates the semantic
category of CJK characters, at a minimum numeric versus non-numeric?
The version I examined [1] seems to indicate that all characters in the
ranges U+3400 - U+4DB5 and U+4E00 - U+9FA5 are of category Lo (letter
other).

[1] ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.html

- John Burger
  john@mitre.org